“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Approximately (blank) Postal Service employees were attacked by dogs in 2019.
2. Who administered the oath of office to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy on June 16?
a) Former Postmaster General Megan J. Brennan
b) Acting Judicial Officer Alan Caramella
c) Board of Governors Chairman Robert M. “Mike” Duncan
d) Board of Governors Secretary Michael J. Elston
3. After retiring as Postmaster General, Megan J. Brennan received an award named after which of her predecessors?
a) William F. Bolger
b) James A. Farley
c) Benjamin Franklin
d) Samuel Osgood
4. True or false: USPS employees are prohibited from working for companies that deliver mailable matter, other than daily newspapers.
5. Los Angeles Processing and Distribution Center employees recently sent banners with encouraging messages to their counterparts in which three cities?
a) Boston, Chicago and Detroit
b) Chicago, Detroit and New York
c) Detroit, New York and Houston
d) New York, Houston and San Francisco
Answers: 1) b. 2) c. 3) c. 4) a. 5) b.