“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. When Benjamin Franklin stepped down as the nation’s first Postmaster General in November 1776, who succeeded him?
a) Richard Bache
b) Samuel Osgood
c) Benedict Anton Osnis
d) None of the above
2. True or false: Under a recent policy change, USPS employees should no longer contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to place orders for the Burial Flag Program.
3. USPS recently began surveying users of which application?
a) Informed Visibility Employee Scheduler
b) Intelligent Mail Barcode Generator
c) Mail Condition Visualization
d) Single Package Lookup Tool
4. Fill in the blank: Sales leads submitted by USPS customer care employees have brought in more than (blank) in new revenue for the current fiscal year.
a) $137 million
b) $138 million
c) $139 million
d) $140 million
5. John Lewis, the recently deceased civil rights leader and U.S. representative from Georgia, participated in a video tribute that was part of which stamp’s dedication ceremony?
a) Black Heritage: Dorothy Height
b) Harvey Milk
c) Maya Angelou
d) To Form a More Perfect Union
Answers: 1) a. 2) a. 3) d. 4) a. 5) c.
Share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.