USPS is reminding employees that they must use postal property in accordance with the rules — and only for postal work.
Postal property includes credit cards, phones and computer equipment.
Here are some things employees should keep in mind:
• Voyager fuel cards. These should not be used to purchase fuel for a personal vehicle, snacks or drinks.
• Travel credit cards. These should be used for approved purchases only. Don’t use the travel card as a personal credit card. If you aren’t using it, keep it somewhere other than your wallet or purse to avoid a spouse or child from using it by mistake.
• Equipment. Don’t use postal equipment for personal reasons. Postal phones shouldn’t be used as an employee’s standard, everyday phone.
• Computers. Postal computers should only be used for authorized purposes. Don’t visit inappropriate websites or save inappropriate videos or pictures on a postal computer.
• Badges. Your USPS ID is postal property and is an important security measure. Don’t alter or damage the badge in any way.