“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. The Postal Service plans to temporarily raise commercial domestic parcel product prices, beginning Oct. 18. When are the price increases slated to end?
a) Dec. 27
b) Dec. 29
c) Dec. 31
d) None of the above
2. True or false: Beginning Aug. 31, the Postal Service will no longer offer dual-use Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail boxes 1 and 2.
3. The Postal Inspection Service marked its (blank) birthday on Aug. 7.
4. Which of these USPS districts is not testing the Extended Mail Forwarding service?
5. Match the employee in Column A with the heroic deed he or she performed in Column B.
a) Renton, WA, Acting Customer Services Supervisor Brian Chacon
b) Columbus, OH, Rural Carrier Jodie Craft
c) Bartonville, IL, Letter Carrier Jamie Layman
d) Glenwood, NM, Retail Associate Alice Luera
I) Aided a customer who fell while blowing leaves
II) Performed CPR on a collapsed customer
III) Performed the Heimlich maneuver on a choking customer
IV) Protected an 8-year-old girl from an attacking dog
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. USPS will no longer offer dual-use Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail boxes 1 and 2, beginning Sept. 1. 3) c. 4) d. 5) a. II., b. I., c. IV., d. III.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.