During National Preparedness Month in September, the Postal Service is reminding employees and contractors to help keep USPS workplaces safe and secure.
Employees should always secure entry points when not in use, wear their postal photo ID badge and watch for individuals not wearing badges.
To further protect workspaces:
• Secure unattended USPS vehicles and trailers. Immediately report stolen or missing vehicles to the Postal Inspection Service.
• Ensure alarms and security camera systems are operational.
• Ensure all keys are accounted for at the end of every day.
• Follow all procedures for mail acceptance. Report any suspicious items to the Postal Inspection Service.
• Confirm all collection boxes, lobby mailboxes and collection receptacles have current, legible Aviation Mail Security Decals (DDD-1s).
For additional information, contact your facility’s security control officer.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.