The Postal Service has announced additional price changes for next year.
If reviewed favorably by the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), the changes would take effect Jan. 24, 2021.
Here’s a list of current and planned prices:
- Priority Mail small flat-rate box: $8.30 (current), $8.45 (planned)
- Priority Mail medium flat-rate box: $15.05 (current), $15.50 (planned)
- Priority Mail large flat-rate box: $21.10 (current), $21.90 (planned)
- Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office large flat-rate box: $19.60 (current), $20.40 (planned)
- Priority Mail regular flat-rate envelope: $7.75 (current), $7.95 (planned)
- Priority Mail legal flat-rate envelope: $8.05 (current), $8.25 (planned)
- Priority Mail padded flat-rate envelope: $8.40 (current), $8.55 (planned)
Overall, these changes would raise prices approximately 3.5 percent for Priority Mail service and 1.2 percent for Priority Mail Express service.
In October, USPS announced price changes for Mailing Services and International Shipping Services products.
Although Mailing Services price increases are based on the consumer price index, Shipping Services prices are primarily adjusted according to market conditions.
USPS filed the proposals with the PRC on Nov. 16.