“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blanks: The Postal Service recently reported operating revenue for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30 was (blank), while operating expenses were (blank).
a) $9.2 billion, $73.1 billion
b) $9.2 billion, $82.2 billion
c) $73.1 billion, $82.2 billion
d) $82.2 billion, $73.1 billion
2. Which of the following Utah facilities is not sending undeliverable Marketing Mail to a plant that makes home insulation from recycled paper?
a) Provo East Bay Processing and Distribution Facility
b) Salt Lake City Processing and Distribution Center
c) Salt Lake City Auxiliary Service Facility
d) South Jordan Vehicle Maintenance Facility
3. True or false: According to the government, total premiums for Federal Employees Health Benefits Program plans will increase an average 6.3 percent for 2021.
4. How many days’ worth of coronavirus pandemic supplies should each USPS facility have on hand?
a) a 15-to-30-day supply
b) a 30-to-45-day supply
c) a 45-to-60-day supply
d) a 60-to-75-day supply
5. Match the USPS product in Column A with the planned price (effective Jan. 24, 2021) in Column B.
a) Priority Mail small flat-rate box
b) Priority Mail large flat-rate box
c) Priority Mail regular flat-rate envelope
d) Priority Mail legal flat-rate envelope
Answers: 1) c. 2) d. 3) b. Total premiums for Federal Employees Health Benefits Program plans will increase an average 3.6 percent for 2021. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. IV., c. I., d. II.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.