“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. What does the Postal Service expect will be this year’s busiest period for holiday mailing, shipping and deliveries?
a) Dec. 14-21
b) Dec. 15-22
c) Dec. 16-23
d) Dec. 17-24
2. True or false: USPS and the National Association of Letter Carriers have reached a tentative agreement on a contract that covers more than 602,000 employees represented by the union.
3. By how much did the Postal Service’s package volume increase during the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30?
a) 1.9 percent
b) 9.1 percent
c) 19 percent
d) 91 percent
4. Approximately how many vehicles are in the USPS delivery fleet?
5. Fill in the blank: Elvin Mercado has been named (blank)’s acting retail and delivery operations vice president.
a) Atlantic Area
b) Central Area
c) Southern Area
d) Western-Pacific Area
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. USPS and the National Association of Letter Carriers have reached a tentative agreement on a contract that covers more than 206,000 employees represented by the union. 3) c. 4) d. 5) a.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.