“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: Denzel Washington directed, produced and starred in a film adaptation of (blank), a play by this year’s Black Heritage stamp subject, August Wilson.
b) “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
c) “The Piano Lesson”
d) “Joe Turner’s Come and Gone”
2. When is the deadline to submit nominations for the Engagement Leader of the Year Awards?
a) Feb. 15
b) Feb. 28
c) March 1
d) March 31
3. True or false: The Postal Service is highlighting the Rural Reach employee lead program in February.
4. Whose original artwork appears on the Year of the Ox stamp?
a) David Cooper
b) Camille Chew
c) Tim O’Brien
d) Bailey Sullivan
5. Match the president in Column A with the White House room where he displayed a portrait of Ben Franklin in Column B.
a) George W. Bush
b) Gerald Ford
c) John F. Kennedy
I) Oval Office
II) Roosevelt Room
III) Treaty Room
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. 3) b. USPS is highlighting the Mail Handlers employee lead program in February. 4) b. 5) a. III., b. I., c. II.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.