“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. When are the Postal Service’s next-generation delivery vehicles expected to appear on carrier routes?
2. True or false: The Postal Service’s flex-fuel vehicles are required by law to operate on alternative fuel rather than gasoline.
3. Which employee lead program did Selma, NC, Postmaster Randy Turnage use to generate $3.2 million in estimated annualized revenue for USPS?
a) Business Connect
b) Customer Connect
c) Rural Reach
d) Submit a Lead
4. Fill in the blank: Hallmark, with help from USPS, marked African American History Month this year by giving away (blank) Mahogany greeting cards.
a) 1 million
b) 2 million
c) 3 million
d) None of the above
5. Match the letter carrier in Column A with the heroic act he or she performed in Column B.
a) Julio Dominguez (San Antonio)
b) Peter Farrell (West Seneca, NY)
c) Erin Pennington (Pittsburgh)
d) David Wallasky (Iowa Park, TX)
I) Aided a woman who said a man attacked her
II) Helped a woman who likely fell from a fourth-floor window
III) Rescued a stranded customer on the man’s birthday
IV) Saved a woman and her dogs from a fire
Answers: 1) c. 2) a. 3) a. 4) a. 5) a. II., b. I., c. IV., d. III.
Share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.