“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. When are the Postal Service’s next-generation delivery vehicles expected to appear on carrier routes?
2. True or false: The Postal Service’s flex-fuel vehicles are required by law to operate on alternative fuel rather than gasoline.
3. Which employee lead program did Selma, NC, Postmaster Randy Turnage use to generate $3.2 million in estimated annualized revenue for USPS?
a) Business Connect
b) Customer Connect
c) Rural Reach
d) Submit a Lead
4. Fill in the blank: Hallmark, with help from USPS, marked African American History Month this year by giving away (blank) Mahogany greeting cards.
a) 1 million
b) 2 million
c) 3 million
d) None of the above
5. Match the letter carrier in Column A with the heroic act he or she performed in Column B.
I) Aided a woman who said a man attacked her
II) Helped a woman who likely fell from a fourth-floor window
III) Rescued a stranded customer on the man’s birthday
IV) Saved a woman and her dogs from a fire
Answers: 1) c. 2) a. 3) a. 4) a. 5) a. II., b. I., c. IV., d. III.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.