“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blank: USPS wants to fill approximately (blank) holiday seasonal jobs this year.
2. Which position did Marc D. McCrery serve in before becoming Customer Experience vice president?
a) Corporate Affairs vice president
b) Corporate Communications vice president
c) Marketing vice president
d) Technology Applications vice president
3. True or false: Frintz, a photo delivery service, received the Grand Champion Award during this year’s USPS Next Generation Awards competition.
4. According to USPS, what publication should customers consult before shipping care packages to college students?
a) Publication 22, Expedited Packaging Supplies
b) Publication 52, Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Mail
c) Publication 162, Because the Mail Matters
d) Publication 339, You Are Your Most Important Delivery
5. Match the product or service in Column A with this year’s recommended deadline for the holiday shipping season in Column B.
a) First-Class Mail packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
b) First-Class Mail, including greeting cards
c) Priority Mail
d) Priority Mail Express
I) Dec. 17
II) Dec. 17
III) Dec. 18
IV) Dec. 23
Answers: 1) c. 2) d. 3) a. 4) b. 5) a. I., b. II., c. III., d. IV.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.