The Postal Service is gearing up for the holiday season with a series of television, print and other ads emphasizing the importance of USPS employees.
The central message: It’s not magic that will make the holidays shine this year — it’s employees.
“Postal Service employees make a big difference in our customers’ lives during the holidays,” said Chris Karpenko, Brand Marketing executive director. “Not only do they deliver essential packages and cards — they deliver comfort and joy to every household, in a time when it’s needed most.”
USPS will highlight this sentiment through a marketing campaign that includes:
• Television ads that feature actual Postal Service employees and will begin airing this week;
• Print ads that will appear in weekly and national magazines in November and December;
• Direct mailings, including a mailer to employees’ homes and another that will be sent to households across the nation;
• Post Office retail signage that will showcase this year’s variety of festive holiday stamps; and
• Digital advertising, including Spanish-language ads.
Said Karpenko: “Our employees help connect everyone in America by making more holiday deliveries to homes than anyone else. It may sound like magic, but it’s not.”