When it comes to reaching your health and wellness goals, planning is key.
That’s why the USPS Health and Wellness Team wants to remind employees that creating a plan can help you achieve your goals.
Wellness has many dimensions, which may include emotional, physical, occupational, intellectual, financial, social, environmental and spiritual well-being.
Every person’s path is unique, and each aspect of wellness can affect a person’s quality of life.
Establishing new, better habits that support your wellness goals and values can be challenging, but worth it. Developing healthier routines and behaviors can lead to a positive sense of satisfaction, improved health, greater energy and feeling more balanced, happy and fulfilled.
As you start the new year, focus on how establishing a healthy lifestyle will benefit your overall well-being. Take active steps to:
• Incorporate more physical activity and nutritious foods into your regular routines.
• Evaluate your finances, including your pay, bank accounts, investments, debt, and retirement goals.
• Schedule your preventive health care appointments and screenings.
• Stay connected with your family, friends and community.
• Participate in activities that provide meaning and purpose and fuel your interests and creativity.
• Reduce stress and nourish your mental well-being through relaxation and self-care.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites have additional details on healthy lifestyle goals, while the Wellness LiteBlue page has more information on wellness.