Several Postal Service price changes will take effect Sunday, Jan. 9.
The changes affect Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express and military mail and are in alignment with Delivering for America, the organization’s 10-year plan to achieve financial stability.
Here are some of the current and new retail prices:
• Priority Mail small flat-rate box: $8.45 (current), $9.45 (new)
• Priority Mail medium flat-rate box: $15.50 (current), $16.10 (new)
• Priority Mail large flat-rate box: $21.90 (current), $21.50 (new)
• Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office large flat-rate box: $20.40 (current), $20 (new)
• Priority Mail regular flat-rate envelope: $7.95 (current), $8.95 (new)
• Priority Mail legal flat-rate envelope: $8.25 (current), $9.25 (new)
• Priority Mail padded flat-rate envelope: $8.55 (current), $9.65 (new)
Overall, these changes raise prices approximately 3.1 percent for Priority Mail service and 3.1 percent for Priority Mail Express service.
The prices for large flat-rate boxes for Priority Mail and military mail will decrease 40 cents.
The Postal Service implemented price changes for cards, letters and flats in August.
The Postal Explorer website has price change tables.