The Postal Service has released six videos that detail how to report accidents and hazards, conduct investigations and develop safety action plans using the Safety and Health Management Tool.
The tool — also known as SHMT — replaced the Employee Health and Safety accident reporting process last October.
The topics addressed in the videos include:
• Action plans: how to create action plans to track corrective and preventative actions.
• Accidents: how to use SHMT to report accidents and ensure statements, evidence and causes are documented.
• Documenting investigations: how to document notifications, investigation details, statements, evidence, causes and action plans.
• Hazards: how to report a hazard event in the SHMT to ensure prompt analysis and corrective action responses.
• Inspections: how to track and input results into the SHMT.
• Reports: how to use SHMT templates to create, share and customize reports.
The videos are approximately 4-6 minutes in duration and are available on BlueTube, the USPS video site.