The stamp releases include, clockwise from left, Charles M. Schulz and “Peanuts,” Hanukkah, Snowy Beauty, Kwanzaa, Virgin and Child, Holiday Elves, and the James Webb Space Telescope.
The Postal Service has announced the following additional stamp releases for 2022:
- Charles M. Schulz, saluting the centennial of the comics genius behind “Peanuts”;
- James Webb Space Telescope, a celebration of the largest, most complex NASA telescope to ever be deployed;
- Snowy Beauty, hand-sketched designs of colorful blooms wearing the gleaming white accents of a late-winter snow;
- Hanukkah, a vibrant graphic image of a fully lighted hanukkiah, the nine-branch menorah used only during Hanukkah;
- Kwanzaa, depicting a lighted seven-branch candelabrum, known as kinara, between a girl and boy in ceremonial robes;
- Virgin and Child, an image of an oil painting from a 16th-century Italian Renaissance artist; and
- Holiday Elves, a playful set of stamps showing elves hard at work monitoring a present-laden conveyor belt in a snow-covered forest.
All are Forever stamps and will always be equivalent to the price of a First-Class Mail 1-ounce stamp. The release dates have yet to be announced.
Share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.