The Postal Service has recommended deadlines for the holiday mailing and shipping season.
The suggestions, released Oct. 4, are for expected delivery by Dec. 25 to domestic, Air/Army Post Office (APO), Fleet Post Office (FPO) and Diplomatic Post Office addresses.
Here are the deadlines:
• Nov. 5: APO, FPO, and DPO addresses (all ZIP Codes), USPS Retail Ground service
• Dec. 9: APO, FPO and DPO (all ZIP Codes), Priority Mail and First-Class Mail services
• Dec. 16: APO, FPO, DPO (except ZIP Code 093), Priority Mail Express Military service
• Dec. 17: USPS Retail Ground service
• Dec. 17: First-Class Mail, including greeting cards
• Dec. 17: First-Class Mail packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
• Dec. 19: Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express
The release also relays temporary pricing changes for the 2022 holiday season and new package regulations. For example, packages containing used electronics or other hazardous materials — lithium-ion batteries, in particular — must now be shipped via surface transportation.
The Postal Service offers products and services to customers for the holiday shipping season, including free Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes available at local Post Offices and the Postal Store, Click-N-Ship and Package Pickup.