The Postal Service wants to remind employees with flexible spending accounts, or FSAs, of some important dates:
• Expenses for the 2023 health care FSA (HCFSA) and the 2023 limited-expense health care FSA (LEX HCFSA) must be incurred between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2023.
• Expenses for the 2023 dependent care FSA (DCFSA) must be incurred between Jan. 1, 2023, and March 15, 2024.
Claims for the 2023 benefits period must be received no later than April 30, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern to be eligible for reimbursement.
If you have any claims for 2022 that you have not filed, please be mindful of the following:
• The last day to incur expenses using your 2022 HCFSA or LEX HCFSA was Dec. 31, 2022.
• The last day to incur expenses using your 2022 DCFSA is March 15, 2023.
• The last day to submit all claims for the 2022 benefit period is April 30, 2023.