Zoom, the video conferencing platform used by the Postal Service, has added several enhancements for meetings and webinars.
Here are some of the upgrades and how they work:
• Immersive view: As many as 25 participants can be placed into a single virtual background scene by selecting “Immersive view” in a meeting or webinar.
• Advanced polls and quizzing: The current polls feature allows users to create single- or multiple-choice questions. The advanced polls and quizzing option adds additional responses such as ranked choice.
• Consolidation of dropdown menu: The menu functions have been streamlined.
• Gallery view sorting options: Hosts can sort the order of video tiles by first name, last name and meeting entry time.
• Raised hand enhancements: A pop-up message makes it easier for hosts to be aware of raised hands.
• Join flow: This new function combines the “Join before host” and “Waiting room” windows and includes a video preview before joining.
• Updated sign-in page: This page sports a new look.
The IT Self Help/ServiceNow portal has more information about these new features.
For general information about Zoom, check out the Zoom Conferencing page on Blue.