The Postal Service is reminding employees to keep their USPS-issued cellphones, tablets and laptop computers secure.
Here are some tips for protecting mobile devices from hackers:
• Always use a virtual private network, or VPN, to connect to the internet.
• Use only USPS-approved storage devices.
• Back up data stored on mobile devices.
• Avoid clicking on text messages with URLs from numbers not on your contacts list.
• Don’t share your login or password information.
• Use strong passphrases with a minimum of 15 characters.
The Cyber Safe Teleworking Tips page has best practices for employees and contractors who work remotely.