The Postal Service wants employees and contractors to know that fraudulent websites continue to pose a cybersecurity threat to the organization.
Cybercriminals create fake websites that mimic legitimate sites to steal money or information.
An example: The organization’s LiteBlue site has been spoofed using the fake www.liteblue-secure.com address.
The legitimate LiteBue site is located at liteblue.usps.gov.
To avoid fraudulent websites, USPS recommends employees and contractors:
• Not share login information with others, including managers, co-workers or anyone outside USPS.
• Keep their employee identification number confidential.
• Connect to USPS applications using secure connections that avoid public Wi-Fi or public computers.
• Check their account for any unusual activity every time they log into LiteBlue.
• Save the LiteBlue website address as a favorite on their browser.