A plumbing problem took a potentially tragic turn for a customer recently. Fortunately, Charlotte, NC, City Carrier Assistant Alex Pachter was on hand when the incident occurred.
The customer was in his yard working on the plumbing issue when he grabbed an improperly disconnected electrical cord at the same time he was handling a water supply.
Pachter, who was delivering mail, heard the man scream as he was being electrocuted.
The carrier found the customer in time and disconnected the electrical cord.