Letter Carrier Cyler Stewart noticed a burning smell in the air recently as he delivered mail in Cedar Rapids, IA.
He couldn’t detect the source of the odor at first, but as he continued on his route, he approached a house and saw flames shooting out of an exterior electrical box.
Stewart called 911. Firefighters arrived and extinguished the flames before the house was damaged extensively.
The homeowner later commended Stewart.
“Had it not been for Cyler’s quick actions, the house may have been destroyed and other homes in the neighborhood could have been damaged,” said Customer Services Supervisor Chad Schoch.