Letter Carrier Neal White was recently delivering mail in a Kansas City, KS, neighborhood when he spotted smoke coming from the roof of a customer’s home.
White immediately called 911 and rushed to alert the occupant — a hearing-impaired teenager who was there alone with her dog.
The Postal Service employee guided the girl and her dog to safety across the street.
Firefighters soon arrived and extinguished the blaze, which was caused by faulty wiring.
The teen’s mother later contacted the local Post Office to thank White for his life-saving assistance.