Here’s a look at Postal Service employees who received appointments or recognition recently:
• Walter M. Daniels, Retail and Delivery Operations capability and proficiency manager, was named the Retail and Delivery Operations Command Center’s acting manager.
• Cincinnati Postmaster Karen L. Garber resumed her position after completing a detail assignment as Ohio 2 District’s peak season coordinator.
• William S. Hensley was named field labor relations operations senior director. He previously served as Central Area labor relations manager.
• John F. Purdy, a speechwriter at USPS headquarters in Washington, DC, received a Cicero Speechwriting Award for remarks delivered at the 2020 Black Heritage: Gwen Ifill stamp dedication ceremony.
• St. Louis Postmaster Russell J. Thouvenot retired Dec. 31 after more than 40 years with the Postal Service. Jeff A. Drake, the Kansas City, MO, Processing and Distribution Center’s plant manager, was named St. Louis’s officer in charge.
• Tracy Wattree-Bond was named Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Compliance and Appeals director at USPS headquarters. She previously served as the Postal Service’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Programs manager.