Moulton, AL, Letter Carrier Jeffery McCrary was delivering mail inside an apartment building recently when he heard a woman calling for help.
McCrary ran to an apartment and found fire coming from a stove and climbing a wall. Knowing water isn’t the best way to fight a grease fire, McCrary used salt to extinguish the flames.
The fire did little damage, the apartment manager told the Moulton Advertiser. If McCrary hadn’t intervened, things could have turned out much worse, the manager said.
“I was just glad to be of help,” McCrary said.