The Postal Service is once again helping Santa Claus with his Christmas correspondence.
The annual Letters from Santa program allows children to mail letters to St. Nick and receive a postmarked response from the North Pole.
To participate, parents and guardians should follow these steps:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Later, when alone, open the child’s letter and write a personalized response.
- Insert the reply into an envelope addressed to the child, with the return address: Santa, North Pole.
- Affix the envelope with a First-Class Mail stamp.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope with appropriate postage addressed to: North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998.
Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 15. Santa’s helpers at the Postal Service will take care of the rest.
More information is included in the Postal Service’s Nov. 24 news release.