Next time you check your financials online, keep in mind that hackers can steal your money and personal information if you’re not careful.
The CyberSafe at USPS team is offering these tips for safeguarding your accounts:
- Alert your bank of your upcoming travel plans and set a maximum daily withdrawal limit for your account.
- Use strong passwords and use fingerprint scanning to secure your devices.
- Disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and location services on mobile devices when not in use.
- Use ATMs located inside banks to avoid “skimmers” installed on ATM card readers to steal card information.
- Use radio-frequency identification (RFID) blocking wallets to shield credit and debit cards from hackers who use electronic devices to remotely steal card information.
- If your card or device is lost or stolen, report it to your bank or credit card company immediately.
If your postal electronic device is compromised, report it to the CyberSecurity Operations Center at email@example.com.
The CyberSafe at USPS sites on Blue, Lite Blue and usps.com have more information.