Love holiday mail? You’ve come to the right place. Here are five offerings from the Postal Service this year.
1. National postmark. From Nov. 26-Jan. 5, USPS will postmark first-class letters and packages with an image of Santa’s sleigh and reindeer flying over treetops.
2. Skyline postmarks. Instead of the national postmark, customers in Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, St. Louis and Washington, DC, will receive customized postmarks of Santa and his reindeer flying over their city’s unique skyline. Each city represents one of the seven USPS areas.
3. Local postmarks. Many Post Offices and stations in towns and cities with holiday-themed names — such as Nazareth, MI, and Rudolph, OH — also offer special postmarks this time of year.
4. Letters from Santa. The Postal Service’s Letters from Santa program allows children to mail a note to St. Nick and receive a personalized response bearing a North Pole postmark.
5. Operation Santa. This program allows USPS employees and customers to help people in need by “adopting” their letters to Santa Claus and granting their wishes — because let’s face it, even the big guy needs help creating holiday magic.