What’s Informed Delivery again?
You probably heard a lot about the Postal Service’s newest feature in 2017. If your New Year’s resolution is to learn more, Link can help.
Here’s what you should know:
• Informed Delivery bridges the digital and physical. The free feature allows users to digitally preview their incoming mail and manage their packages — wherever, whenever — from a computer, tablet or mobile device.
• One word: Convenience. Informed Delivery users receive email notifications containing images of the outside of incoming letter-size mailpieces that will soon arrive in their physical mailboxes. These images are also accessible on the Informed Delivery online dashboard and mobile app.
• You can track packages through Informed Delivery. If USPS Tracking is available for an incoming package, you can view the delivery status in your Informed Delivery emails. Additionally, you can manage notifications and schedule redelivery from the Informed Delivery dashboard.
• Informed Delivery has more than 7 million users. The feature is available to residential consumers and PO Box residential customers. USPS employees can sign up at informeddelivery.usps.com. (Sign-up is voluntary and must be completed off the clock.)
• More information is available. Employees can complete an optional course, Introduction to Informed Delivery 101, through the Learning Management System. Course number: 10026830.
You can also learn more at the Informed Delivery pages on Blue and LiteBlue, as well as usps.com, which has FAQs.