Bells are ringing. Several Postal Service employees from the New York area helped ring the closing bell at the Nasdaq stock exchange Dec. 28.
The group included:
- Letter carriers Vicki Carmichael, Paula Drake, Principelina Mendes, Miguel Perdomo, Ken Smith, Garrett Smola, Lisa Sweeney, Timothy Thibault and Dominick Turilli
- Rural carriers Terry Dion and Kimberly Sutter
- Michael Munoz, an Operation Santa honorary community elf
- Retail associates Jennifer Goodwin, Robert Manning, Amy Nicastro, James Toolan and Oshell Wilson
- Gwendolyn Gamble-Deas, a mailing requirements clerk
Some of these employees performed heroic acts during the year, while others participated in community activities, helped train co-workers in dog bite awareness, and demonstrated on-the-job excellence.
Are you informed? Employees can sign up for Informed Delivery, a free feature that provides users with digital previews of their incoming mail, at informeddelivery.usps.com. Sign-up is voluntary and must be completed off the clock.
Got news for “Need to know”? Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.