It’s time to say farewell to the Learning Management System (LMS). The HERO learning portal will become the Postal Service’s one-stop shop for employees’ online learning needs, beginning next week.
The portal will fully replace LMS, which will no longer be accessible after Sunday, Sept. 30, at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
If you need to start a training course, the Postal Service encourages you to use the HERO learning portal. If you have started a course in LMS, you must finish before Sept. 30 at 11:59 p.m. CDT or your work will be lost.
Several training courses have already moved from LMS to HERO, including more than 600 postal courses and all Skillsoft courses.
The following training records will be transferred from LMS to HERO:
- Your training history from the past three years
- Courses with durations longer than 24 hours
- Critical training courses, such as OSHA, maintenance and legal compliance training
- National training programs, such as the New Supervisor Program, Managerial Leadership Program and Executive Foundations
- Courses with prerequisites
If you would like a record of training you have completed through LMS, print a copy of your LMS transcript.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) system will be available to all Executive and Administrative Schedule employees for historic training information from LMS. EDW reports will not include training records from HERO.
If you have questions, visit the HERO Learning Help Blue page for reference guides, FAQs and other resources to help you understand and navigate the HERO learning portal.