The Postal Service is once again helping deliver letters full of Christmas wishes to St. Nick.
The Letters from Santa program, which began more than 100 years ago, allows children to mail letters to Santa Claus and receive a personalized reply in an envelope with a special North Pole postmark.
To participate, parents and guardians should follow these steps:
• Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
• Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response from Santa.
• Insert Santa’s reply into an envelope and address it to the child. On the envelope, add the return address: Santa Claus, North Pole.
• Affix a First-Class Mail stamp to the envelope.
• Place the complete envelope inside a larger envelope — preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope — with appropriate postage and address it to: North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998.
Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage Postmaster no later than Dec. 15.
The Postal Service’s Nov. 26 news release has more information.