Here’s Link’s latest “News quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. About how many return delivery units does the Postal Service operate across the nation?
d) 16.7 million
2. Who said, “Negative news damages the postal brand. That’s not what we represent. Our customers expect and deserve the best service each and every day.”
a) Gaffney, MO, Letter Carrier Darius Downer
b) Chicago Retail Associate Crystal Flynn
c) West Point, GA, Rural Carrier Zene Vanleeuwen
d) Harrisburg, PA, Maintenance Operations Supervisor Robert Williams
3. True or false: Every month this year has two pay dates for USPS employees, except for June and December, which have three each.
4. Where does Holli Apodaca work?
a) Mail Recovery Center, Atlanta
b) Remote Encoding Center, Salt Lake City
c) Stamp Fulfillment Center, Kansas City, MO
d) USPS headquarters, Washington, DC
5. Fill in the blank: USPS issued its first Love stamp in (blank).
Answers: 1) c. 2) a. 3) b. May and November have three pay dates each. 4) b. 5) d.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.