Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: A 30-year USPS employee under the Federal Employees Retirement System who earns $50,000 a year will need $600,000 in his or her Thrift Savings Plan account to replace 100 percent of their income.
2. How many Freedom of Information Act requests did USPS, the Postal Inspection Service and the Office of Inspector General receive from Oct. 1, 2017-Sept. 30, 2018?
3. Fill in the blank: Rosalind Ballard, the subject of the latest “On the Job” profile, is a customer care agent at the (blank) Customer Care Center.
a) Edison, NJ
b) Los Angeles
c) Troy, MI
d) Wichita, KS
4. Where does John Vick, the Brooklyn, NY, letter carrier with more than 5,000 hours of accumulated sick leave, work?
a) Brevoort Station
b) Park Slope Station
c) Times Plaza Station
d) Williamsburg Station
5. Match the mural in Column A with its Post Office location in Column B.
a) “Air Mail”
c) “Kiowas Moving Camp”
d) “Mountains and Yucca”
I) Anadarko, OK
II) Deming, NM
III) Florence, CO
IV) Piggott, AR
Answers: 1) a. 2) b. 3) c. 4) a. 5) a. IV., b. III., c. I., d. II.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.