Here’s Link’s latest “News Quiz,” a weekly feature that invites readers to test their knowledge of recent stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blanks: The Postal Service spent more than (blank) for transportation, supplies, services, facilities and equipment with more than (blank) suppliers during 2018.
a) $12 billion, 15,900
b) $12.9 billion, 15,000
c) $15 billion, 12,900
d) $15.9 billion, 12,000
2. What’s the name of the new platform that helps USPS resolve customer inquiries faster?
a) Customer 24/7
b) Customer 180
c) Customer 360
d) Customer 365
3. True or false: USPS employees who are under the Civil Service Retirement System and contribute to the Thrift Savings Plan will receive a matching contribution from the Postal Service.
4. Who serves as product technology innovation director at USPS headquarters in Washington, DC?
a) Rosalind Ballard
b) Bob Dixon
c) Harris London
d) Stacey Martin
5. Match the city in Column A with the number of USPS employees attacked by dogs last year in Column B.
d) Las Vegas
Answers: 1) b. 2) c. 3) b. USPS offers a Thrift Savings Plan matching contribution to Federal Employees Retirement System employees, not Civil Service Retirement System employees. 4) b. 5) a. II., b. IV., c. III., d. I.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at email@example.com.