Here’s a special year-end edition of Link’s weekly “News Quiz” feature. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: The price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp increased this year from 54 cents to 55 cents in 2019.
2. In April, USPS released its annual list of places with the most dog attacks against employees. Which city topped the list?
c) Los Angeles
3. Fill in the blanks: During the fiscal year-end financial report that USPS released in November, the organization reported total mail and package volume was (blank) pieces, down (blank).
a) 8.8 billion, 4.9 percent
b) 71.1 billion, 0.7 percent
c) 79.9 billion, 7.3 percent
d) 142.6 billion, 2.6 percent
4. In 2019, who received the National Hero of the Year Award from the National Association of Letter Carriers?
a) Theresa Jo Belkota (Lewiston, NY)
b) Michael Musick (Bellflower, CA)
c) Austin Rentz (Sumner, IA)
d) Mark Schuh (Princeton, IN)
5. Match the stamp in Column A with the notable dedication ceremony participant in Column B.
a) Marvin Gaye
b) Gregory Hines
c) “Little Mo”
d) 1969: First Moon Landing
I) Savion Glover
II) John Isner
III) Stanley Love
IV) Smokey Robinson
Answers: 1) b. The price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp increased from 50 cents to 55 cents this year. 2) b. 3) d. 4) c. 5) a. IV., b. I., c. II., d. III.
Look for a new quiz next week and share your feedback with Link at firstname.lastname@example.org.