“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. Fill in the blanks: The Postal Service workforce includes about (blank) letter carriers and (blank) city carrier assistants.
a) 42,100; 166,300
b) 166,300; 42,100
c) 633,000; 42,100
d) 633,000; 166,300
2. What’s the name of the application that USPS bargaining unit employees can use to request unscheduled leave?
a) Employee Leave Request Application
b) Enterprise Leave Request Application
c) Health Leave Request Application
d) Informed Leave Request Application
3. What’s the name of the USPS requisition system that will replace eBuy2, beginning Feb. 29?
b) eBuy Plus
c) eBuy Ultimate
d) Informed eBuy
4. True or false: Although the latest Combined Federal Campaign has ended, USPS employees hired after Jan. 12 can make pledges from Feb. 1-Aug. 31.
5. Match the employee in Column A with his or her heroic act in Column B.
a) Letter Carrier Brian Baber (Youngstown, OH)
b) Custodian Michael Bond (Baltimore)
c) Postmaster Shannon Ferraro (Bellevue, ID)
d) Rural Carrier Associate Karen Grubs (Elizabethtown, KY)
I) Aided a co-worker who suffered a heart attack
II) Guided a wayward Alzheimer’s patient home
III) Helped a driver who crashed a minivan into a tree
IV) Saved a man and a dog from a vehicle fire
Answers: 1) b. 2) b. 3) b. 4) b. New hires can make CFC contributions from Feb. 1-Aug. 1. 5) a. II., b. I., c. IV., d. III.