“News Quiz” is a weekly feature that lets you test your knowledge of recent Link stories. The correct answers appear at the end.
1. True or false: Shipping Services product prices will rise approximately 3.5 percent for Priority Mail service and 1.2 percent for Priority Mail Express service, effective Jan. 24.
2. Fill in the blank: The Postal Service produces about (blank) stamps and stamp-related products annually, generating $4.5 billion in estimated revenue.
a) 1.4 million
b) 14 million
c) 1.4 billion
d) 14 billion
3. This holiday season, when will Post Offices nationwide be closed? More than one answer is possible.
a) Dec. 24
b) Dec. 25
c) Dec. 31
d) Jan. 1
4. Which of these USPS locations offered holiday meals for sale this year? More than one answer is possible.
a) Bolger Center (Potomac, MD)
b) Human Resources Shared Service Center (Greensboro, NC)
c) Material Distribution Center (Topeka, KS)
d) National Center for Employee Development (Norman, OK)
5. When was Kwanzaa first held?
Answers: 1) a. 2) d. 3) b., d. 4) a., d. 5) a.
Share your feedback at email@example.com. Your comments could be included in the “Mailbag” column.