September is National Preparedness Month, a reminder to take time to prepare for emergencies.
Disasters don’t wait until you’re ready, so take time to plan and prepare today.
Here are some tips:
• Planning starts at home, so know the threats in the area where you live.
• Sign up to receive local emergency alerts and warnings.
• Replace outdated stock in your personal emergency preparedness kit.
• Update your emergency contact information.
• Exercise your family and household communication plan.
• Familiarize yourself with the local evacuation routes and shelter locations.
The USPS National Preparedness website is a valuable resource for materials to aid in your emergency preparedness efforts.