The USPS Operation Santa program is in the spotlight again.
A new miniseries about the gift-giving initiative begins airing Monday, Dec. 5, on eight local ABC stations as well as on Hulu and ABC Localish.
“Dear Santa: The Series” picks up where the 2020 documentary movie “Dear Santa” left off. The six episodes examine the program that inspires people to adopt letters and fulfill holiday wish lists of children and others who are less fortunate.
The original film received a positive response on Hulu, prompting Disney General Entertainment Content to explore new concepts about USPS Operation Santa.
“While holiday magic is universal, the series features stories from seven to eight cities where it will premiere. That direct connection with local audiences is pure magic, just in time for the holiday season,” Disney, owner of subsidiaries ABC and Hulu, said in a statement.
The episodes showcase USPS employees in major U.S. cities and small towns filmed during the 2021 holiday season including:
• Belinda Hiltbruner, customer relations coordinator, Raleigh, NC;
• Donna Graham-DiLacqua, customer relations manager, Oxford, PA;
• Precious Thompson, labor relations specialist, New York;
• Natashi Garvins, strategic communications specialist, and Adam Carpenter, customer relations specialist, both in Los Angeles;
• Postmaster Kristina Uppal, Woodacre, CA; and
• Anissa Siverand, customer services manager, Houston.
“Dear Santa: The Series” is directed by Dana Nachman, who also directed the documentary. Film producers Chelsea Matter, Brendan Gaul and USPS Brand Marketing Executive Director Chris Karpenko were also involved in the production.
New episodes of the series will premiere every evening through Dec. 10, with repeat shows scheduled to stream Dec. 12-17 at 4 p.m.
Check Hulu and ABC local listings in New York; Philadelphia; Chicago; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Houston; Los Angeles; Fresno, CA; and San Francisco for show times.