Several Postal Service price changes will take effect Jan. 22.
Here’s a list of current and new retail prices:
- Priority Mail small flat-rate box: $10.40 (current), $10.20 (new)
- Priority Mail medium flat-rate box: $17.05 (current), $17.10 (new)
- Priority Mail large flat-rate box: $22.45 (current), $22.80 (new)
- Army/Air Post Office and Fleet Post Office large flat-rate box: $20.95 (current), $21.20 (new)
- Priority Mail regular flat-rate envelope: $9.90 (current), $9.65 (new)
- Priority Mail legal flat-rate envelope: $10.20 (current), $9.95 (new)
- Priority Mail padded flat-rate envelope: $10.60 (current), $10.40 (new)
Some Priority Mail flat-rate retail product prices will be reduced, compared with the temporary rate adjustment currently in place, and Priority Mail commercial rates will increase by 3.6 percent, below the rate of inflation.
Priority Mail Express service prices will increase by 6.6 percent, and First-Class Package Service prices will increase by 7.8 percent.
Overall, Priority Mail service prices will increase approximately 5.5 percent.
There is no price increase for Parcel Select Ground, and pricing for USPS Connect Local remains unchanged.
Shipping Services price adjustments vary by product. Although Mailing Services price increases are based on the consumer price index, Shipping Services prices are primarily adjusted according to market conditions.
USPS announced the price changes in November.
The Postal Explorer website has price change tables.