Letter Carrier Avtar Sanghera was recently delivering mail in a Chowchilla, CA, neighborhood when he heard someone yelling for help inside a residence.
Sanghera went to the front door and found that an older customer in a wheelchair was stranded in a room filling with smoke from a smoldering TV set.
The wheelchair was stuck, so the Postal Service employee safely lifted it and carried the woman outside.
Concerned the TV would ignite, the customer called 911 while Sanghera went back inside to unplug it.
Firefighters soon arrived to provide further assistance.